Monday, April 17, 2017

Chronic Illness is a Full Time Job

     Some days I am on the phone for hours.  The phone calls overlap.  As I am sorting out one problem another doctor's office is returning my call, and I stress out because I worry I won't get through to the person I need when I call back. All of this takes place between home health appointments of various natures.  Today I have four different appointments.  Two home health aides, occupational therapy and physical therapy.  Local taxes need to be finalized, transportation for tomorrow's doctor's appointment arranged, and I await several return phone calls for numerous issues including the status of my ramps being installed so I can safely enter and exit my apartment without an ambulance and a stretcher and a ton of shame.  
     I've already mentioned I have MS.  I also have POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome), atrial fibrillation, and unspecified connective tissue disease.  There are a few other issues here and there, but those are the bastards that make my life so interesting from day to day.  Fuck, I am so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment